If you are searching for easy south indian breakfast recipes you have landed in a right place. In this post, we shall discuss the topic. The main purpose of this post to make you clear on the query.
Easy south indian breakfast recipes:
Rava Pongal Ingredients:
*1 cup is approximate – 200gms.
1. Rava – 2 cup
2. Moong dhal – 1 cup
3. water – 4 cups
5. Ginger – Cut approx – 2 teaspoon
6. Jeera – 1.5 teaspoon
7. Pepper – 1.5 teaspoon
8. Curry leaves – 10 to 15 leaves
9. Green Chilly – 2 Nos
10.Cashew nuts – 10 nos
11.Ghee – 4 to 5 teaspoons (as required) (if you don’t like ghee, add oil instead.)
12.Salt – as required
Rava Pongal recipe :
1. Before preparation, Fry Moong dhal in pan for 3 minutes in sim flame to get a nice aroma.
2. Mix Moong dhall with 2 cups of water(add a quarter teaspoon of turmeric powder) and cook it for 4 whistles.
3. Smash moong dhall well and keep it aside.
4. Fry rava in pan for 2 minutes in sim flame.
5. Add 2 cup of water with smashed moong dhall and add rava. Add salt as required and stir it well.
switch off the flame
6. Fry cashew nuts, ginger, jeera, pepper, green chilly and curry leaves with ghee till to form gold color.
7. Mix it with cooked rava and moong dhall, and stir well.
Now rava Pongal is ready. Those are the ‘Best Pongal recipe to try in 2018’. It will taste best when served hot with groundnut/Coconut chutney or Brinjal gothsu. Also, we can serve it with Mutton chops or Prawn gravy.
Want to know more about Pongal, explore my other articles.
Hey, what do you think about the post? Did you find my information useful?
I believe, provided information, solved your query.
If you have any query feel free to comment below and share it.